High yield resources and tips for your Ob/Gyn clerkship.
Youtube Playlist: http://bit.ly/pimped-ob
- Obstetrics and Gynecology by Beckmann
- Pimped App – Clinical questions to expect in the OR and on the wards
- LactMed – medications safe in breastfeeding
- ASCCP: Cervical cancer screening
- CDC STI guidelines
- ACOG app/website
- OB Wheel or dating
Tips and Tricks:
- Be Proactive—talk to students who just finished the rotation about ways to be helpful and the day to day logistics.
- Expectations: Ask for them to be set at the beginning. Clarify as needed.
- Be Self-sufficient, but ask for help when appropriate
- Before leaving for the day, ask when you should come in to round, who to pre-round on and where to meet.
- Once or twice a week ask for feedback when everyone has a down moment.
Labor and Delivery:
- Gs & Ps aka Gravity and Parity.
- Primes, multips
- Gestational age Preterm vs term